A chiropractor is a health care professional who focuses on diagnosing and treating neuromuscular disorders to help optimize your body’s overall function without the use of prescription drugs and surgery. They will not only assess your symptoms, but recommend a customized treatment plan according to your needs. The treatment procedures our downtown Toronto & Oakville chiropractors use include:
- Infrared Cold Laser therapy
- Chiropractic spinal manipulation/mobilizations
- Medical Acupuncture
- Active Release Techniques® (ART®)
Our chiropractor is also trained to prescribe therapeutic exercise, provide nutritional counselling and recommend rehabilitation and injury prevention strategies to help you maintain optimal health.
Frequently Asked Questions
Spinal manipulation is a common therapeutic procedure used by Toronto Chiropractors to create movement in impaired joints. This therapeutic technique (also known as an adjustment) is integrated into the treatment when it is deemed necessary to restore normal joint function. . During an adjustment, the capsule surrounding the joint briefly stretches, releasing a gas bubble, which produces a “popping” noise. You may feel a slight pressure on your spinal joints during the maneuver. Resetting the joint motion is crucial to release compression on the pain producing structures, and so provide pain relief.
Chiropractic can help your body perform by:
• Improving flexibility.
• Correcting gait and foot problems.
• Improving movement in neck, shoulders, back and torso.
• Improving posture and symmetry across the body.
• Reducing risk of work-related muscle and joint injuries.
• Relief of acute or chronic headaches, neck and back pain, joint pain and stiffness.
A chiropractor in Canada requires 7 years of post-secondary education, which includes no less than 4 years of full-time classroom and clinical instruction at a Council on Chiropractic Education Canada approved institution.
Once a chiropractor has completed their education, students must pass a number of licensing exams to earn the right to practice as a Doctor of Chiropractic (DC). Chiropractors are one of only five health professionals permitted to use the title ‘doctor.’
*Prior to your first visit, please fill out this intake form. We respond to all inquiries within 1-2 business days.
- Questions That Patients With Knee Pain Might Have About Cold Laser Therapy
- What Should You Expect For Your First Visit To The Chiropractor?
- Find Out How Cold Laser Therapy Works And How Beneficial It Can Be For Your Body!
- Trying The Cold Laser Therapy For Neck Pain Management?
- A Look At Chiropractic Care And Weight Loss
- What are the Benefits of Going to a Chiropractor?
- How Chiropractic and Massage Provide Natural Relief From Headaches
- 3 Reasons to See a Chiropractor