Nowadays, even teenagers can suffer from a high amount of stress. Back in the days, adults who work terribly hard at work are usually the ones who suffer from stress. But teenagers can suffer stress too and a lot of them are suffering from it. There are a lot of common causes of stress among teenagers. Here are some examples:
• School – Surveys show that school is one of the most common stressors among teenagers. In most families, there is the pressure on kids to study hard. And sometimes, this pressure is not triggered by parents. Stress can also be triggered by being pressured to maintain grades as to not lose a scholarship. There can also be that pressure to study very hard and then it is partnered with the emotional anxiety suffered days before taking a difficult exam.
• Family – Family problems can also cause emotional problems for teens. There is no such thing as a perfect family. Problems occurring within the family can really take a toll on everyone especially the young ones. Divorce is a very common family problem that cause stress on children. In the United States, divorce rates have been growing higher and higher every year. And the effect that divorce has on the emotional health of most teenagers can be very drastic.
• Social life – Social life can also be a field in which teenagers can suffer emotional problems from. Lack of friends, peer pressure, and betrayal are just some of the things that teenagers have a hard time dealing with. Friends have a big impact on a teenager’s life. If he happens to be with the ‘wrong’ group of people, there is a high chance for him to suffer emotional problems.
These numerous causes for stress among teenagers have various solutions. And the effectiveness of these solutions varies from case to case. Parents, relatives, and mental health experts can work hand in hand in order to ease the burden of the stress problems that teenagers are suffering from. One of the effective ways to help stressed out teens is massage therapy.
Massage therapy for teens
• As a stress-relief treatment – Massage therapy treatment targets stress. Professional therapists know which pressure points to massage so that their patient would feel relieved from stress in the soonest way possible. In fact, a lot of clients feel immediate relief even after a single treatment session. How much more effective massage therapy can be if it is conducted regularly?
• As a relaxing treatment – Massage therapy is so relaxing that most people who try eat end up falling asleep. It is a perfect treatment for those who are all tensed up and suffering from emotional and anxiety problems. Massage therapy can also relax the muscles especially after these have been worked out thoroughly lately. Teens who suffer from stress because of physical wear can surely benefit from massage therapy.
• As a preventive treatment – Massage therapy can also be considered as a preventive treatment. Because of the numerous factors that can cause stress among teenagers, it would not be a surprise if a teenager suddenly shows signs of stress even at a young age. Stress cannot only change one’s physical appearance but make general health deteriorate as well. Thus, teenagers who go to massage therapy clinics regularly have less chances of suffering from the problems that are caused by stress.
If you are a teen and you feel that stress is overcoming many parts of your life, do consider massage therapy because of the numerous benefits that it can offer. If you think you would like to experience massage therapy or if you know someone who do, it is recommended for you to try Beyond Chiropractic today.