Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) can be defined as the use of therapeutic infrared light to provide relief from pain, eliminate inflammation, and repair damaged tissues through non-invasive means. Laser is an innovative and one of the most effective modalities in treating musculoskeletal injuries. It has repeatedly shown to provide immediate results with little or no side effects to the patient.
The infrared light in LLLT is not absorbed by the skin directly. It penetrates through the skin into the site of injury to speed up the healing process within the tissues. The biological effects of laser therapy have been used clinically for over 40 years, and Health Canada approved the clinical application of lasers 14 years ago. Efficacy rates for Laser Therapy in excess of 90% are routinely achieved only after a few sessions. At Beyond Chiropractic Health Centre, Laser Therapy is used by our health care practitioners in conjunction with other treatments specific to the patient’s condition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Low Level Laser Therapy rapidly speeds up the recovery process from ligament, tendon or muscle injuries. It provides a myriad of benefits to the human body including:
- Relieves Pain
- Relieves inflammation
- Tissue repair and healing
- Reduces scar tissue formation
- Reduces the risk of further strain
- Prevents further injuries
- Improves nerve function
Common conditions treated with Laser Therapy are:
- Low back and neck pain
- Acute sports injuries such as muscle tears, tendinitis, tennis elbow, etc.
- Joint arthritis and chronic pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Nerve root irritations
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Wound healing
Laser therapy helps heal tissue by stimulating the tissue cells with photons or light energy. This leads to mitochondrial activation (powerhouse of the cell) which in turn initiates energy production within the cell. This accelerates the healing process within the injured tissue. Research has shown that infrared light is definitely absorbed by the cell and is converted into complex biochemical substances that provide this biostimulating effect, hence reducing tissue pain and inflammation, healing the cell and restoring it to its normal function.
Call our laser therapy Toronto clinic today to book your first consultation or fill out the form below. We’ll get you back on your feet and on the road to recovery in no time.
Questions about Cold Laser Therapy?
Cold Laser Articles
- Questions That Patients With Knee Pain Might Have About Cold Laser Therapy
- What Should You Expect For Your First Visit To The Chiropractor?
- Find Out How Cold Laser Therapy Works And How Beneficial It Can Be For Your Body!
- Trying The Cold Laser Therapy For Neck Pain Management?
- A Look At Chiropractic Care And Weight Loss
- What are the Benefits of Going to a Chiropractor?
- How Chiropractic and Massage Provide Natural Relief From Headaches
- 3 Reasons to See a Chiropractor